Do I need a Graphic or a Web designer?18th October 2019
Don’t Panic – When business goes Quiet29th January 2020
Being in the Design space means constantly being challenged. Challenged with your ideas, your solutions. We are essentially Solution Creators. For your problems, for our own. Yes, believe it or not, not every logo gets the thumbs up. Not every client agrees with the marketing plan or direction you present. So how do you stay on top of your game? Ensuring that you still stay relevant and still produce “Artwork” that not only entices that Clientele you are designing for but also… Their clientele?
In other words… How do you keep staying creative?
I scoured the internet for some ideas and decided to mix them up with some of my own! I really hope they give you some direction and inspiration. Not all of these will have life altering reasons as to why. You’re going to have to take my word on some of them, and as long as it doesn’t include a viral video of you doing the Macarena in a Tutu…then I don’t see the problem. So without further ado – let’s start Running?
- Make Lists. We’re human, we forget things. So, making a list will help more than you think
- Carry a Notebook. If you are a dude…then maybe this won’t work, but during office hours. The ol’ 8-5. Then yes most Definitely.
- Drink coffee
- Finish what you start. It’s not an easy one, not as you get older at least, but with seeing things through comes a confidence, a self-assuredness that I think you owe yourself from time to time.
- Don’t give up
- Listen to different genres of music…being mostly Punk rock, the idea of Opera…OH NO. But you’ll be amazed if I tell you where some of my inspiration came from when listening to certain songs.
- Use Deadlines as Goals. I hate em’, you hate em’… but I think it’s more the idea of failure that scares us. So, flip the script. Challenge yourself to…Point number 4!
- What’s distracting you? – You’ll see my point number 1 was make lists? The less distracted you are, the more you get done. Try focus on one thing at a time
- Talk about your ideas. Get some constructive input. If Opera can open creative Doors in your mind…isn’t it just easier to get an opinion? Needless to say, a 2 year old won’t have the answer you seek 😛
- Find inspiration On Instagram. From Photographers…not Models!
- Go for a Walk… in Nature… To your car helps but opening your mind… And this happens by seeing new things, doing and hearing new things.
- Have2 Beers…not joking. When I really couldn’t get the juices flowing…a new study shows! Just remember you still have to do work…and um…this is the internet. No way the Internet could be wrong about this?? 😛
- Travel – See Point number 11!
- Don’t live In front of the television
There You have it, well these work for me at least. And don’t worry, creativity comes back. We all get a moment where we keep hitting same wall. If all else fails though and you need a fresh outlook… We know a guy! Send us a message: Info@Designerneeded.com
Images Sourced from Freepik.com
Original Articles used as inspiration: